1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best operating system for hosting

Discussion in 'Website Development' started by bassett, Feb 17, 2008.

1. bassett

bassett New Member

Hello there everyone i am new here so i hope u will bear with me, i have decided to do my own web hosting , i know it will be hard work but sheer determination can achieve a lot so i dont want any one to give me any negative thoughts, the question is what is the best operating system software, redhat linux,or free bsd, i have already out rule windows because of instability and security.thanks for ur help Bassett :pepsi: .

2. dectroo

dectroo New Member

Hi
    when you want to do a DEDICATED SERVER WEB HOSTING on your computer you have to know that's an unsecure way to take your website online.

first:
    you must choose an appropriate Apache server, that server will execute the PHP's Script an make the HTML page after send to client.
    be sure to do daily or weekly update.

Second:
    Install a freewell software to block other port than 80. it coud be the best way to secure your server.

Third:
    -In other hand, the OS that you will use, must have no craching default, Windows Server 2008 ( i think the best ).
    -when yo want to use Lunix...lunix is the faster and present a less craching rate.
    -Free BSD: no knowlodge.

Finnaly, RedHat Lunix is the best and secure OS for doing his Host at home. :)

3. Janepenelope

Janepenelope New Member

Thanks for the suggestions buddy

4. kuyun

kuyun New Member

Thanks for the suggestions buddy

5. johl willson

johl willson New Member

Well!
    I think Linux is the best operatinig system for web hosting.

6. WooServers

WooServers New Member

Linux.it's an open source system and is therefore more cost-effective to operate and maintain than Windows, Linux runs most processes faster than Windows. Linux web hosting is considered to be more secure than windows and it is an open source system and it is more stable and reliable.