1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CSS Layout or HTML?

Discussion in 'Website Development' started by blam0, Dec 28, 2007.

1. blam0

blam0 New Member

I have been designing my sites in HTML for years but I see most people designing in CSS now, Should I convert my site or leave it be?

2. FunSiteMaker

FunSiteMaker New Member

CSS can be a great way of designing your site but many people perfer HTML, Depends what you use really, a mixture seems to work the best for me :) Using CSS tags to control everything like fonts/colours but still the normal tables etc from HTML

3. Replay

Replay New Member

It depends on what you know better i guess. personally i prefer HTML since i understand it a lot better.

4. mountaineer

mountaineer New Member

CSS can be much more powerful when designing your website, It would pay to learn it for sure!

5. gamer

gamer Member

CSS is much more powerful and accepted but I still do it in HTML because I do not know CSS that much. But I mix a little bit of CSS layout for my menus and the codes of my pages are so mixed up and confusing.

6. powerlifer123

powerlifer123 New Member

Go with using CSS for layout. There are many benefits one being that you can ultimatley change the whole visual look of your website from one stylesheet.

The others being that from separting content from design, search engines spider your content better. Along with using semantic mark-up i.e if its a header mark it up as a header in the code. Your website should be viewable to all text-based browsers and accessible for disabled users.

7. Jack Arsenault

Jack Arsenault New Member

Without wasting much time off course CSS HTML is and good way to design but now days Its an old way to design and CSS is the much easier way for Designing as well...