1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forum Rules

Discussion in 'Managing a Forum Community' started by Kel, Dec 26, 2007.

1. Kel

Kel New Member

Do you have a set of rules at your forum apart from the generic ones that come with the software?

I tried to write some and it was harder than I thought.

I had a mental blank and could only really think of " Be Nice" :lol:

What are the most important things you would list as rules?

2. m1k30rz

m1k30rz New Member

Haha yeah, forum rules can be hard.

In my oppinion I believe you should stick to a SMALL ammount of rules, especially when the forum is small. If you have too many rules you will appear far too strict to your members, just get a few rules that are broad like "No spamming" this enforces the rules if someone breaks them, but also keeps you looking friendly :)

3. Googirl

Googirl New Member

I used to have some rules but everyone thought i was too strict like m1korz said.

Maybe we shuld list some good rules here for people to use??

- No Spamming
    - No Advertising
    - Don't sware or post offensive content

Would thoes kind of rules be good for most forums?

4. FunSiteMaker

FunSiteMaker New Member

Keeping your forum family safe can be great too, then you have a much wider audience :)

5. Garala

Garala New Member

Well, I really don't like making rules - but in order to keep everything on task, I had to add important ones like "no spamming" "no advertising" "no vulgarity" "respect the authority" and some other important ones that people would likely break, but I don't add small little rules, just to act like a wise A55. :yay:

6. mountaineer

mountaineer New Member

Yeah I dont think lots of rules is a good idea, just some basic ones would be nice but you do need to keep your forums in line from time to time