1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How did you get into website design?

Discussion in 'Website Development' started by m1k30rz, Dec 26, 2007.

1. m1k30rz

m1k30rz New Member

How did everyone here get into web design? Share your stories :D

2. m1k30rz

m1k30rz New Member

Years ago, about 2002, I was pretty bored playing around with games and stuff on the computer in my spare time and I loved looking at websites, then I started thinking, I want my own!!

So naturally I started out on a free webhost using frontpage to create my pages... haha.. and signed up to a few webdesign forums that told me "What the hell are you doing? Get into dreamweaver!!" SO I did :D And after lots of practise etc, learning that you should probably use a domain and real hosting :p I'm here!!

I believe I still have way more to learn, the web design industry is HUGE, theres always new things to learn and new marketing techniques, thats why I created this site, so we can all learn together :)

3. blam0

blam0 New Member

I first started a year ago when my boss wanted a website for his company and seen as I'm good with computers he told me to do it haha :D

Kinda liked it and now I have my own little site running but not really released to public yet, I'll let you guys know when its finished!

4. Jamesking56

Jamesking56 New Member

back in 2001 I started using Piczo and FreeWebs as I wanted my own website then I thought:

So then I searched and searched and found a host, then I got confused and said:

so then I learned HTML and designed a site, it was rubbish, it has no colour at all! so then I thought:

So I got some TEMPLATES! and then used them so I was expert

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I am using quite advanced PHP and Javascript as well!!

and thats my story.

:D lol :yay: :wave:

5. m1k30rz

m1k30rz New Member

Sounds soo like me! I'm pretty sure we've all started off on things like freewebs to test the waters!

6. FunSiteMaker

FunSiteMaker New Member

I got into web design as I was taking a course at school for programming and one of our assignments was to make a site with HTML, from there I kept it going and now am making good money with it via Google Adsense :)

7. Abhorsen

Abhorsen New Member

I found a book in my school library dedicated to making your own website. It covered only very basic HTML, then I dove deeper...

8. ghoria

ghoria New Member

Is web design more interesting than application programming?

9. sandeepkumar666

sandeepkumar666 New Member

i first started to design website for my forum in my engineering college i created an website and my college friends said it was fine then i designed using frontpage.
    then i now using the dreamware softwae for building my website.

10. m1k30rz

m1k30rz New Member

Great stories guy's really interesting seeing where everyone came from :D

11. adssi

adssi New Member

unfortunately I don't :(
    I don't know how to design my own website :(. poor me, I have learn and know little bit about Html now. PHP is too hard i see :D

But I had to have my own website someday. Wish me luck

12. hellboy

hellboy New Member

HTML code is quite easy. And if you start with something more easier like C++ or C with time you will learn PHP