1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you use??

Discussion in 'Website Development' started by m1k30rz, Dec 21, 2007.

1. m1k30rz

m1k30rz New Member

What software do you use to develop your websites?

2. m1k30rz

m1k30rz New Member

I currently use Adobe Photoshop, Macromedia Dreamweaver and Smart FTP :cool:

3. dstresd

dstresd New Member

Hmmm....depends on the OS I suppose

Windows
    CMD + MySQL Client, phpDesigner2008, Firefox 2 + IE7 + Opera 9 + Safari 3, TortoiseSVN, occasionally Photoshop CS2 or CS3, SmartFTP

Linux
    Zend, VI, Quanta, Terminal + MySQL Client, Firefox 2 + Opera 9 + Konqueror, Terminal + SVN, GIMP. gFTP or ftp

Mac OS X
    Coda, Coda's built-in terminal + MySQL Client, Firefox 2 + Safari + Camino + Opera 9, Coda's built-in terminal + SVN, occasionally Photoshop CS3, Fetch

Cross-Platform
    Zend Editor...it's actually really excellent on Windows and Linux....makes me cry on OS X

4. sensovision

sensovision New Member

I'm using Linux as my desktop and for server.
    I'm using GIMP, BlueFish, OpenSSH, gFTP, Firefox 2, Opera 9, IE6(through Wine).

5. Garala

Garala New Member

I design my layouts using Photoshop and then switch to ImageReady to slice it up. Then I go open up Dreamweaver, and do coding there. I'm still learning how to code with notepad, so meanwhile dreamweaver is my only source. :mrgreen:

6. m1k30rz

m1k30rz New Member

Very nice, exactly how I do it haha! Sometimes I draw the images by themselves seperatley also..

7. FunSiteMaker

FunSiteMaker New Member

Dreamweaver and Paint shop pro :)

8. vasunitw

vasunitw New Member

i use adobe photoshop mainly..

9. gamer

gamer Member

I use adobe photoshop for the images, dreamweaver for the html part of the website and cute ftp for uploading and downloading my site.

10. powerlifer123

powerlifer123 New Member

I have always been one to use just plain old notepad for coding. When i was in my prime designing websites i found editors such as dreamweaver and especially frontpage were throwing in lots of useless un-semantic code.

Now i dont know if they have improved since then but this has put me off using these expensive software editors in favour of my free notepad which i can trust:).

But there is no doubt there are probably alot of very useful features within these programs.

11. Jack Arsenault

Jack Arsenault New Member

I use adopephotoshop cs5 and Its working really well and I am getting lots of aplouse for my design;)

12. WooServers

WooServers New Member

Dreamweaver and adode Photoshop cs5.