Banners or Text Adverts?

m1k30rz

What do you guy's prefer to purchase when advertising your website? Banners or Text Links?

Personally I would say text links are most likely better value for money if they are well positioned on a related website as it also doubles as to improving your search engine rankings and PageRank :thumbup:

Advertising:
Personally I would always go for as many text links as possible to build up backlinks, this will enhance your search engine results (SERPS) by far!

yeah go text banners have a lower click through rate then you would expect. A well placed text link will get a lot more clicks because most users are trained to click links and from the huge influx of spyware on the internet in 2005 has made everyone affraid to click banner ads so they don't get the spy sherif virus (since been destroyed but still in the back of peoples minds)

Thats so true, also people find banners far more spammy, not really what everyone wants to click!

I heard that banners have a low click thru rate so I would go for text links to advertise my websites.

ON the other hand banners are huge for gaming sites and anything some what juvenile based. Sites that have cartoons anime anything kids/geek based go for the banners rather then text links dragon fable is king for banners they get huge traffic from there hugs banner ads> I have even clicked them a couple times.

Advertising:
Banners have been pretty good for me with a myspace layout site I use to have as teens are more likley to click ads as they havent used the internet much, it really depends on how computer savvy your target audience is, most techies dont bother with adverts

Back