Has your site ever been hacked?

Kel

My forum was hacked for the first time yesterday :cry:

Ive got it fixed for now and changed hosts because apparently it was my server.

It was my first hack so it was a bit scary :lol:

You ever been hacked?

Advertising:
Wow that sucks!! hope you didnt loose any data.

I've only ever had a site hacked once and all they did was change the index page, nothing else luckily!

For more than 5 year on the web I was hacked twice.
m1k30rz said:
Wow that sucks!! hope you didnt loose any data.

I've only ever had a site hacked once and all they did was change the index page, nothing else luckily!
this is also happened to me on the old hosting, one of hosting accounts was compromised and hacker manage to get root access and changed index pages to all hosted sites.

I also was hacked when used shoutbox script with vulnerability which later was uninstalled, it wasn't anything major either.

Who are your providers? Did they not have systems in place to prevent hacking of most forms?

How were you hacked and what occured with the hacking?

Dale

Hi Dale, that was long time ago, my hosting provider was linkstream.net
Did they not have systems in place to prevent hacking of most forms?
with shoutbox that was my fault, I shouldn't use it before checking how it's done, as it actually let you execute code inside it. The only thing which happened is they were able overwrite shoutbox page with blank one, no other changes to files were made.

How were you hacked and what occured with the hacking?
I don't know much details about other time when index page were replaced on many accounts, I doesn't bother much with this as they already got bad downtime already and I was looking to switch from them. With current hosting I don't have any major problems, uptime is good and problems are solved quickly. I'm on http://www.relmax.com/services3.html hosting right now.

My site was hacked sometime back... All the data went.

Made it again although, on another host.

Back when I was young(er) and stupid putting all my sites on one host, one account, I got hacked by NeOTuRkX. They deleted EVERYTHING. And Changed the index page...

The server admin hasn't been online since about a month before this occurred, and still hasn't answered my PM about it. It sucked.

I haven't been hacked yet, but a friend of mine who owns a forum got hacked a few days ago by a person he knew.
He got into a little fight with him and apparently the hacker knew what he was doing

Advertising:
Back