Hiring Moderators?

blam0

Is it a good idea to hire moderators? when is your site big enough to need some moderators? I currently have over 130 members on my site and one moderator but maybe I need more?

Advertising:
I think that it depend from the community you have, person who work as moderator and how many time you actually spend on forums. Some communities have only one admin and this is sufficient. If you have 130 active members you definitely need some help to watch for threads but if it's total amount than there should be no problem with having just one mod IMHO.

Yeah, I'd say for 130 members you only need yourself and another one or maybe two moderators to keep everything running smoothly, when you get around 300 then you can start to think about more :)

I could help moderate if you like I am pretty good with forums, just send me a PM if you want!

When you cannot handle the moderation abilities yourself, it is time to "hire" some moderators. Of course, you will usually be able to find volunteer moderators so you won't really be hiring them.

Advertising:
A lot of people would be more than happy to moderate your forums just for the whole "im a moderator" thing, makes people feel great and its just a fun job for someone, if they like your community im sure they would be more than happy to help out for free!

Back