Is unlimited hosting a lie

andrew25

I had heard many webhosting services which offers its uses unlimited bandwidth and space. However I am nit sure whether it is practically possible to offer its users unlimited bandwidth and space even if the websites of their clients become hyper popular.

Advertising:
I would need to know the specifics of the sites you're talking about. I would think you'd have to look at the terms and conditions. I don't think it's impossible, but there are probably some limits in place that aren't spoken about here.

I’ve seen offers of unlimited bandwidth of some popular hosting sites but they are not cheap. I think this kind of offer is for sites that has millions of visitors in a day.

Iv been wondering about this too since i purchaced Hostgators unlimited web hosting plan. Some say that there are limits but i havent faced any problems yet. im sure theres somekind of limit. i mean there has to be? maybe its in small print..

basically there is no limits on disk space or bandwidth, but the limits are on server resources like processor usage and Memmory usage. some poor coded scripts may cause server loads and your accounts may get suspended or terminated.

Go for stability, not just size. Just because the host if offering you unmetered and unlimited space, doesn't mean you should soley base your decision on that. What good is that account to you when your site is down or the server is overloaded?

Advertising:
Back