Just a forum? or a site to go with it?

blam0

I am thinking with my forum as I just run it on the root of my domain... maybe I should make a site with nice content to get users intersted then show them the forum after... eg) "If you liked this article check out our forums to discuss it" kinda thing.

Any oppinions on that?

Advertising:
I actually would go with the site, and the forum to grab more peoples attention. I know alot of people who just read and dont post.. Thats my two cents ;)

Its always great to have more content to go with you forum, I think this place did it really well by having the forum as the "main" site but extra resources connected to it like the directory. Its how I'd do it for sure with a community based site.

Thanks for the compliment :) Yes we purposely designed it that way to create a site with a real community focus but still having lots of great resources for everyone to enjoy!

It really depends what direction you want to go with your site, Lots of people find it useful to have a blog for their main site then a forums as an add-on to discuss things

Yeah there are a lot of people joining the forum just to read stuffs. just like me. but not this time, i have posted something! :D

A forum for the best is a theme, but the theme was clear ~!
Have their own characteristics ~!

Advertising:
A site to go with the forum will definitely help the forum. You know a site about jokes can have a funny jokes forum and those stuffs.

Back