What are the most essential features for a managed dedicated server plan?

damarcuswilson

I want to open an online business that will allow customers to have accounts. Some managed dedicated hosting plans have features that others do not and I am a litte confused. One company mentioned something about bandwith overage but I was not sure on what it meant.

Advertising:
Well I manage my own site. If your looking for accounts you'll need big bandwith. Make sure its a trusted server there are a bunch of scams on the market. Unreliable servers often crash leaving your site down. In order to figure what server is best for you, you will need an estimate of daily visitors. Often people use ads to pay for the server, if you plan on using ads make sure the server accepts it.

Advertising:
Bandwidth is basically the amount of network traffic you are allowed to use in a given amount of time (usually by month). If your business is starting small, I wouldn't worry too much about it. You will need server to accomplish the tasks you want. Hire a web designer/developer to get done what you need for your site. you may need to hire someone to mange the databases you will be needing.

Back