Are you making money with your forum?

Garala

I was just wondering if you guys are making any money with your forum, whether it is from advertising, providing service(s) or anything.

Please post back, I am interested in hearing this. :)

Advertising:
In the past with other forums i've ran I have made quite a lot, but I really do it for a hobby as I like discussing the topic :)

It's not really a difficult task to do.

Basically, if you purchased a hosting plan and had a forums hosted off it, selling advertising space on that forums (such as banner ads, text links etc) is the best way to go about recouping those costs but also sharing other services with your members.

Forums such as this share that fine example, selling advertising space for service providers to allow them to advertise to forum members for the particular target of market they are trying to attract.

I would be interested in checking out your forum also :)

Regards,

Dale Evans

FunSiteMaker said:
I have been making around $200 a month via selling banner ads on my forum :)
it's not much actually, some forums sell one banner for higher price. It's all depend from the forum size and topics.

my forum is my hobby in the first place and it gives me possibility to meet many new friends around the world, so I believe that even if it's not bring money but you have community of good members it's already great achievement.

Basically, if you purchased a hosting plan and had a forums hosted off it, selling advertising space on that forums (such as banner ads, text links etc) is the best way to go about recouping those costs but also sharing other services with your members.
Hightekhosting is right, it's proven way to monetize community, as banner networks works for particular type of forums and doesn't work for others.
Ideally you should sell space on particular boards of your forum to business related to it, this would be win win deal for advertiser and you as let you cover running costs.
The key is not sell space to everyone but try to pick sites as much as possible related to your site topic so it would be interesting for your audience.

Advertising:
Back