Bandwidth

Pirlo

I would like to know what is Bandwidth. I want to buy a web hosting but don't know what to choose.

Advertising:
Its actually the amount of data that can be transmitted in a fixed amount of time from the host server to the client server. An average site uses up about 10 GB of bandwidth a month. Sites like eBay use up way more.

Ok, I want a site for my familly, nothing really big...how much of bandwidht should I take?

I have a deal for 400 MB space and 8 GB bandwidth for 15 dollars a year, should i take it?

Mabye I have to go with 10 GO ?

I am running a small catering business. I wanted a website where I could take orders. How much bandwidth would this be? And how much space do you think I need?

Bandwidth
Measurement of the capacity of a communications signal. For digital signals, the bandwidth is the data speed or rate, measured in bits per second (bps). For analog signals, it is the difference between the highest and lowest frequency components, measured in hertz (cycles per second). For example, a modem with a bandwidth of 56 kilobits per second (Kbps) can transmit a maximum of about 56,000 bits of digital data in one second. The human voice, which produces analog sound waves, has a typical bandwidth of three kilohertz between the highest and lowest frequency sounds it can generate.

Bandwidth is a measure of the amount of data traffic that can occur between your website and the rest of the internet. If you have a sufficient amount of bandwidth for your website, your site will be easier for visitor to view the site. If you do not have adequate bandwidth, items such as pictures, audio and video will not be able to load onto the page quickly, and can be very frustrating for those attempting to use the website.

Advertising:
Back