Buying traffic, Worth it?

FunSiteMaker

Theres lots of talk of buying "targeted" traffic for your website, but lots of these sound pretty bogus to me... I mean most of them are just from sites like Bux.TO etc which all you have to do is see a site for 30 seconds, I want people who are actually interested in my site coming so they register and stay, not just for 30 seconds.

Any advice?

Advertising:
don't waste the money, just spend time promoting your site yourself.. you will bring more users that way.

Yeah, I think all sites just require the people to view the website for a certain amount of seconds, and I don't even view the site when I do that, I just leave it open in another tab and let the timer run out. Promote your site in other ways, that are cheaper. Such as linking in your sig, buying ad space, Google AdWords, etc.

Some traffic exchanges really worked in the past but these times have gone, now there are no quality exchanges I'm aware of and most of them have people who only visit them to make credits and exchange them for money or drive them to site with CPM banners for example.
Some time ago I've got promotion from my friend who gave me nice amount of credits on one traffic exchange, and I've specially did a test tracking what these people actually do on my site, and I have to say that all of them visit single page and not even do single click on the link which should say that such traffic is absolutely useless.

Dough Boy is right, participating(not spamming) on forums, exchanging links with sites relevant to yours, buying banners on relevant sites, AdWords or similar companies should do the trick and save on your costs too.

It isn't worth at all, although once or twice it did work for me, but otherwise, it is not worth the money you pay...

Its just wasting money. And same for me, I let the timer run out when I open the 30 seconds websites on AdBux and things like that.

If you want quality traffic to your site, invest on Google Adwords, Yahoo advertising - these are trusted names in getting quality traffic to your site. If you just want hits to your site join free link exchanges, traffic exchanges, banner exchanges. Don't waste your money in buying traffic from timed view sites - its not worth it.

Is it true that Adsense can detect and ban your account if you use autosurf and other traffic exchange programs on your web?

If you want targeted traffic then buying it from PTC ( Pay To Click) sites may not work. If you want to advertise other similar sites then it's probably OK. But for affiliate marketing/selling your product , it may not work. It is better to use Adwords and use SEO to bring search engine traffic. :cool:

PPC traffic can be very useful but the sites that just send random traffic to your site...? no thx

Hi,

buying traffic is in no way to be compared to PPC or SE traffic - but you get volumes of traffic at cheap prices - sso the way to compare is by $$ and not per visit.

So, if you buy traffic at say $2CPM (1,000 hits for $2) then these 1,000 hits/visits should be compared to the result of 2 $1 clicks in for example adwords.

Also - it depends a lot on what you´re marketing. Buying traffic works best for "general audience products" - stuff like "making money online" or "online poker" is examples of subjects that attracts almost anyones attention - thus you don´t need the keyword target of PPC or SE traffic.

I usually check out clickbank or other affiliate sites for new products to market - then I buy expired domains traffic, 5 or maybe 10k (you get it as low as $20-$40 from quaity sources like buyexireddomaintraffic or redirectedtraffic) - that way I can get lots of traffic in a short time and that gives me more accurate stats to evaluate if this product is worth marketing "big time" or if I should just drop it and move on ;)

/Peter

Advertising:
KEYS TO TRAFFIC

This ebook focuses primarily on helping people to find your blog and on
convincing them to stop by to read what you have to offer. It outlines some
powerful ways of creating blog traffic and should help any blog develop a
readership. It is a guide to traffic generation. It does not discuss Adsense
techniques or some other aspects of operating a profitable blog, so it should be
of value to both those who are looking at blogging as an entrepreneurial pursuit
and those who are more interested simply in sharing ideas with others. I hope
you find it valuable and that you can find an audience for your blog.

DOWNLOAD NOW http://www.mediafire.com/?4we14dnvtnx

Back