Do you buy your domains plural too?

Floris

In a discussion with a well known company we were writing down domain names for an upcoming release, and part of the consult that I did was to inform them to consider plural, and of course, typing errors. They were not too sure if it would be needed, but since the budget would cover it, they registered the domains in plural too. Just to be sure.

An example: I have omgboard.com

But I also registered omgboards.com. Making sure I cover plural.

So you always register your domains plural? Or always singular? And what would your arguments be?

Advertising:
It all depends how important the domain and project will be for you. If very important I always register plurals and also the variants with hyphens.

No not really, I do make the "yourdomain.tld/forum" and "forum.yourdomain.tld" redirect to the "forums" though, but that is different really :)

Advertising:
If I own the .org name I might as well try and get the .com and .net version? Last week I received an email from a domain drop catching service concerning a .org domain which I’ve backordered last year has dropped and was successfully captured.Too bad for me the *.com name is under the ownership of a cyber squatting company, unless I pay a premium price of five digits and above there’s little chance of me ever getting it.

The domain name is nothing to shout about, I’m not even sure if it’s a good investment. It’s related to a hobby and quite popular in Asia. Do I even have the time to develop it?

Back