Forum Software Information

I'm currently using phpbb 2 for my forums. I'm planning to upgrade it to phpbb3 soon. I think that if you want a free forum you should use phpbb.

Advertising:
JKhoury said:
I think vBulletin is without question a clear winner in terms of security, looks, features, and stability, and would therefore be the most effective forum software on the market in my opinion. It's definitely something you might want to check out, and there seems to be a lot of cheap licenses being sold on Digital Point. Just make sure the licenses are valid before purchasing them.

Yes, VBulletin is a very professional bulletin board software system. The only problem I have with it though is that it is so expensive. It costs $160 to own and $85 to lease for a year. On the contrary though, there is Invision that is only $150 to own and the updates cost less (but VB's updates last a year and only cost $5 more). It is truely a toss up between the two for me. I have worked with both over the past few years, but to me it seems worth it to dish out a few more dollars for VBulletin.

I never had to deal with their customer service though, has anybody here had a bad experience?

Back