Search Engines and Directories to submit your site to

Advertising:
kapilsd said:
This list is great but do you think free submission can get us good ranks on google

Of course it will :D The more links to your site the better your site will rank in the search engines :D

Sorry if I'm asking a layman's question.
google and yahoo are a pretty obvious choice. However I have never heard about the forum directories listed. Brief inquiry among my pals and co-workers showed that no one have ever heard of them too. How exactly listing my site on these directoriers will help me get more traffic?
thank you in advance for your reply...

samoznai said:
Sorry if I'm asking a layman's question.
google and yahoo are a pretty obvious choice. However I have never heard about the forum directories listed. Brief inquiry among my pals and co-workers showed that no one have ever heard of them too. How exactly listing my site on these directoriers will help me get more traffic?
thank you in advance for your reply...

Yes Google and Yahoo are probably the most used search engines, and most people will probably never hear of these directories. The thing is the way Google and Yahoo work is by finding out how popular a website is based on its content, and links back to it etc...

By adding your site to directories you get more links to your site and Google considers it bigger and more popular and will list it higher than other sites related to yours.

:luck:

I would like to know wether submission to social bookmarking sites offer the same benefits as those obtained from directory submissions. Advice from fellow members will be appreciated.

Advertising:
Back