What ads do you use for your forum/site?

Advertising:
WiFier said:
Google Adsense

It's not good so far :(

I think with anything like this you have to be patient.

Im using CJ and adsense and nowhere near payment on either. Im not giving up though! :D

Keep working hard!

Yeah I just think you have to keep working at it, build up your traffic and be sure to advertise your site. Traffic = Money :)

AdSence seems to be not very good solution for forums as you got low CTR on such type of sites, I've got check from Google time after time and that's nice addition to family budget but it's not steady so I'm currently looking for alternative companies which provide CPM banners instead like AdBrite which would give you more control over banners rotated on the site. AdSence seems to have problems sometimes with detecting right ads for the particular topic, marking content with adsence tags help a bit but not always, AdBrite from other side let you choose ads specific to your site but if you have very general community using them may be tricky as you'll have to make a zone for each board to cover each topic with relevant ads.

Also you may consider using intext ads which would analyze content of each thread and later highlight some words with related ads, it may compliment AdSence actually. I'm using Kontera as although on registration form they ask for high amount of traffic they accept sites with smaller traffic numbers also.
So you may try them out on your forums.

But the main thing in choosing ads is to think about your members, I doesn't display ads for a long time on the forum just to let visitors to have some rest from it, but later I have to change this so now I've got few ads on the pages viewed by guests and members which have just registered, but members who stick with our community will see ad free forum which is a fair deal IMHO.

On my forum, I have AdSense and TTZ Media.

Onn my site, I have TTZ Media, Adsense, WidgetBucks and AdToll

I use bidadvertiser and I would like to use Adsense but they have not accepted my registration. :(

I have heard Google Adsense be nice, but I just don't know how to use it. what a pity.
can you guys give some suggestions, please?

At the moment I'm using Commission Junction on my blog, solely due to the fact that I Adsense doesn't pay out as well as I'd like it to on blogs. I'm also not very fond of the display of the advertisements, and often find myself overloaded with irrelevant advertisements.

Advertising:
Back