What do you use??

Advertising:

dstresd

Hmmm....depends on the OS I suppose

Windows
CMD + MySQL Client, phpDesigner2008, Firefox 2 + IE7 + Opera 9 + Safari 3, TortoiseSVN, occasionally Photoshop CS2 or CS3, SmartFTP

Linux
Zend, VI, Quanta, Terminal + MySQL Client, Firefox 2 + Opera 9 + Konqueror, Terminal + SVN, GIMP. gFTP or ftp

Mac OS X
Coda, Coda's built-in terminal + MySQL Client, Firefox 2 + Safari + Camino + Opera 9, Coda's built-in terminal + SVN, occasionally Photoshop CS3, Fetch

Cross-Platform
Zend Editor...it's actually really excellent on Windows and Linux....makes me cry on OS X

sensovision

I'm using Linux as my desktop and for server.
I'm using GIMP, BlueFish, OpenSSH, gFTP, Firefox 2, Opera 9, IE6(through Wine).

Garala

I design my layouts using Photoshop and then switch to ImageReady to slice it up. Then I go open up Dreamweaver, and do coding there. I'm still learning how to code with notepad, so meanwhile dreamweaver is my only source. :mrgreen:

m1k30rz

Very nice, exactly how I do it haha! Sometimes I draw the images by themselves seperatley also..

gamer

I use adobe photoshop for the images, dreamweaver for the html part of the website and cute ftp for uploading and downloading my site.

powerlifer123

I have always been one to use just plain old notepad for coding. When i was in my prime designing websites i found editors such as dreamweaver and especially frontpage were throwing in lots of useless un-semantic code.

Now i dont know if they have improved since then but this has put me off using these expensive software editors in favour of my free notepad which i can trust:).

But there is no doubt there are probably alot of very useful features within these programs.

Advertising: