How did you get into website design?

Advertising:

m1k30rz

Years ago, about 2002, I was pretty bored playing around with games and stuff on the computer in my spare time and I loved looking at websites, then I started thinking, I want my own!!

So naturally I started out on a free webhost using frontpage to create my pages... haha.. and signed up to a few webdesign forums that told me "What the hell are you doing? Get into dreamweaver!!" SO I did :D And after lots of practise etc, learning that you should probably use a domain and real hosting :p I'm here!!

I believe I still have way more to learn, the web design industry is HUGE, theres always new things to learn and new marketing techniques, thats why I created this site, so we can all learn together :)

blam0

I first started a year ago when my boss wanted a website for his company and seen as I'm good with computers he told me to do it haha :D

Kinda liked it and now I have my own little site running but not really released to public yet, I'll let you guys know when its finished!

Jamesking56

back in 2001 I started using Piczo and FreeWebs as I wanted my own website then I thought:

Jamesking56 said:
"There has to be better than this!"

So then I searched and searched and found a host, then I got confused and said:

Jamesking56 said:
"What is code?"

so then I learned HTML and designed a site, it was rubbish, it has no colour at all! so then I thought:

Jamesking56 said:
"I need something that I can base my site on....."

So I got some TEMPLATES! and then used them so I was expert

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I am using quite advanced PHP and Javascript as well!!

and thats my story.

:D lol :yay: :wave:

m1k30rz

Sounds soo like me! I'm pretty sure we've all started off on things like freewebs to test the waters!

FunSiteMaker

I got into web design as I was taking a course at school for programming and one of our assignments was to make a site with HTML, from there I kept it going and now am making good money with it via Google Adsense :)

Abhorsen

I found a book in my school library dedicated to making your own website. It covered only very basic HTML, then I dove deeper...

sandeepkumar666

i first started to design website for my forum in my engineering college i created an website and my college friends said it was fine then i designed using frontpage.
then i now using the dreamware softwae for building my website.

adssi

unfortunately I don't :(
I don't know how to design my own website :(. poor me, I have learn and know little bit about Html now. PHP is too hard i see :D

But I had to have my own website someday. Wish me luck

Advertising:

hellboy

HTML code is quite easy. And if you start with something more easier like C++ or C with time you will learn PHP