How to start up a new community

Hi folks! I have been on the blogging bandwagon for nearly 2 years and found very few people will post comments. So I was thinking it may be better to try building a forum since people are maybe more likely to respond to posts.

It gets to you after a while with a blog when you know there are 100's of readers and none of them can be bothered to comment on your posts. They are happy to learn and take your information, but don't give anything back.

So to start my forum, I am doing the same as with a blog i.e. posting some detailed topics that should generate interest in my site and get the visitors returning to check out new posts.

To start with I will add my own content. Then, when I have several good topics in place, I will go out and contribute on related forums to get some curiosity generated in my site.

Another thing I have done is to have a brand name that people will hopefully notice and remember. Then if they search on it, the brand name should hopefully be at #1 in the search results. This way, I don't have to post a direct link to my site in posts.

Advertising:
Hey there Excelorize! Welcome to AdminMania :)

Wow blogging for 2 years, thats neat!! How much traffic do you tend to get to your blog? Hehe yeah thats true I've found that also with blog commenting.

They are some really good ideas you have, be sure to show us your forum when its all up and running mate :) Goodluck!

Its best to get some more traffic and promote your blog, the more people who see it the more likely you will get signups :) Nice forum btw!

Ive had a lot of sucess with blogs and can tell you for sure promotion is key :) Content is also a very important factor

I owned a forum once that got to 100+ members, but it was cracked. I started over just recently, but I just struggled up to 25 members.

That didn't work for me. I think it's because I never really knew how to really promote. I don't know many ways without actually investing cash in it. And note, I've been promoting on forums for da hell!!!

Advertising:
Back