Releasing a domain name

webhostingnovice

Hi all,

I am new to web hosting adn doing it on behalf of my friend. I have a web hosting site and a customer reqests me to release hid domain name. Please suggest me the steps in releasing a domain name.

I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks much in advance,
Webhostingnovice

Advertising:
Go to the registrar of the domain, there should be a checkbox like

"Registrar-Lock
Do not allow this name to be transferred to another registrar."

If this checkbox is active he is not able to transfer the domain to a new registrar. Simply deactive it.

Hello Walter,

Thank you very much for the prompt reply. I highly appreciate it.

Can you please let me know where can I find the 'registrar of the domain' section or how to navigate to it? Is it through the CPanel or something related to the Webhostmanager page itself? I am very new to all this stuff,Please help me out on this.It would be of very great help.

Thanks much in advance,
Webhostingnovice.

Walter said:
Go to the registrar of the domain, there should be a checkbox like

"Registrar-Lock
Do not allow this name to be transferred to another registrar."

If this checkbox is active he is not able to transfer the domain to a new registrar. Simply deactive it.

webhostingnovice said:
Can you please let me know where can I find the 'registrar of the domain' section or how to navigate to it? Is it through the CPanel or something related to the Webhostmanager page itself?

A registrar is a site like www.enom.com or www.register.com where you buy domains. Even if you buy through your webhost he will buy it through a registrar.
Go to the site of your registrar, login with your username/password (not the Cpanel one :)) and change it there.

Where have you bought the domain?

webhostingnovice said:
I am very new to all this stuff

No problem :)

Hi Walter,

The registrar was godaddy.com

Cheers,
Srujana

Walter said:
A registrar is a site like www.enom.com or www.register.com where you buy domains. Even if you buy through your webhost he will buy it through a registrar.
Go to the site of your registrar, login with your username/password (not the Cpanel one :)) and change it there.

Where have you bought the domain?

No problem :)

Advertising:
So login to your Godaddy account and change the settings described above :)

Back